Hello Ministry Family and Friends:
Summer is over, and the school year is here! Can you believe it? I hope your family’s school year is starting off well. Your family has been in my prayers as we head back into the school year.
One of the ways I have been praying specifically for your child is over the issue of relationship. I pray that they find great friends and make good positive connections with others. The other prayer of my heart is on the other end of things, with the issue of bullying. As you know as parents, it is continuing to be an issue, even in the younger years.
Now in the modern age, bullying has gone digital. You have probably heard the term in books, on the news, and even online. Cyberbullying is on the rise even in the younger years. It my prayer that God would protect the mind, heart, and spirit of your child from cyberbullies as well.
This month’s Online Parenting Class is perfect for this time of year because it over that very topic- “Cyberbullying”. I am excited to be able send it along for you to watch. Please take time with me to pray and consider the 5 extremely helpful hints.
Let me know if you have any questions. Please let me know if this is an issue that you are dealing with in your home. I would love to partner with you!
I hope this note finds you well and you are enjoying your back to school season!? What a wonderful time of year. It is also nice to be getting back into a more regular rhythm of life.
With everyone getting back to school, this month’s Online Parenting Class comes at a perfect time. It is all about “Cyberbullying.”
What great hints to consider! Here are couple questions & discussion starters to help you have some discussions at home with your children:
1. Talk about the Issue: “Do you know what cyberbullying is…?”
2. Help kids have healthily tech habits: “Do you think I spend too much time on my phone around the house…?”
3. Maintain access to social media accounts: “Let’s talk about social media and when we are going to allow you to have an account…”
4. Check in with your kids: “Have you ever experienced someone bullying you or saying something mean online…”?
5. If your child comes to you, take it seriously: “You know that you can always talk to me about anything, and I will listen…”
This is becoming a big issue is the lives of children and teens. Please let me know if this becomes an issue in the life of your child. I would love to help you. My door, phone, and email is always open.
Grace and Peace-
Katie Jones (Children’s Minister)